About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 26, 2015

We are here


After an extremely long and exhausting day of traveling, we have finally arrived at Scott's mother's house. It took us nearly 8 hours, which is almost the same amount of time it would have taken if we had driven. So much for making our live easier by flying!

As anticipated, Timmy was a handful. He screamed on the plane for about 30 minutes. Despite my desperate attempts, there was nothing I could do to calm him. Holding an inconsolable baby in a public space is an incredibly helpless feeling.  Eventually he fell asleep and the glares from our fellow flyers transferred to another Mom with a crying tyke.

I expected little Hamlet to become a full-fledged explorer as soon as we arrived, and so far he hasn't let me down. I spent the afternoon and evening following him around and removing just about everything from his hands. While Scott takes full advantage of seeing his family this weekend, I'll be chasing Timmy around a home where items within his reach are both plentiful and tempting.  It's a good thing I brought my activity leg, because he is going to keep me on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment