About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

Surgery Day

This morning I will pack up Scott and drive him to this dental surgery.  I am so grateful that Robby's teacher is opening up her home early for both Robby and Timmy, allowing me to concentrate fully on Scott when he needs me. I know that Timmy will not be happy being left, but I hope that having Robby with him will help to buffer his toddler fury.

Scott is petrified about his surgery. Employing logic is futile. While I don't understand his fears, I have come to accept that it is very real for him. Although he will be in pain, I know that he will feel better when the procedure is over and he can put this behind him.  Right now his fears of the unknown are paralyzing him.

It is sure to be a long day.  His surgery is at 8, and I will post an update after I have him home and tucked back into bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment