About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 06, 2015

Rest?

My leg is improving, but the progress has been excruciatingly slow. I was hopeful that the sores would be closed and healed by now, but they are certainly taking their time. At this point, I need to be satisfied with the fact that they are not infected, and that they are slowly starting to shrink. Although the healing is slow, the fact that it no longer hurts to don my leg and walk is a victory I will embrace.  The absence of pain has been liberating, leaving me feeling energized and happier. 

I have no doubt that the sores would be completely healed if I could go a few days without wearing my leg. Each morning I vow to take it easy and to remove my liner as much as possible. Then Timmy starts running around the house and the chaos of life with a toddler begins. I shutter to think of what would happen if he had the advantage of my being slowed with crutches or my knee scooter.  Because I continue to wear my leg, my healing time has been extended from a few days to a few weeks. 

This weekend will be spent trying to strike the nearly impossible balance between resting my leg and entertaining Timmy. I am tiring of worrying about the sores and constantly checking for size and infection. I'm looking forward to being normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment