About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

NYC Bound!

The sun has not yet risen, yet I'm already feeling overwhelmed by the day ahead. Today I'm heading to NYC to pursue an amazing opportunity. I'm not at liberty to reveal any details, but know that I'm both excited and terrified. I am eager to reveal the details so that everybody can understand why I am so nervous!

Yesterday I left Scott and Robby in Virginia so that they could finish the school week and fend off the blizzard. I feel horrible leaving them alone in the storm, but when Robby called me last night from the grocery store I knew that they would be okay. He was giddy to learn that they have four types of cheese in a can.  I was assured that I shouldn't worry if they lose electricity because they will just spray it directly in their mouths. At the very least, this "historical and epic" winter storm will become a wonderful father/son bonding memory.

Timmy is tucked into his crib at my Mom's house. I packed his sled, winter garb, an extra container of formula and lots of Goldfish crackers. He'll be set if we are housebound for a day or two. 

Of course, the storm isn't supposed to roll in until tomorrow night. Hopefully all will go as planned and I will catch my train out of NYC in the early afternoon tomorrow, allowing me to avoid snow travel.  Wish me luck, it's a big day and I don't want to mess up!

No comments:

Post a Comment