About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Frazzled

I knew that yesterday was going to be busy. Because schools were closed for voting, I decided to take full advantage of Scott being home by scheduling meetings. I was looking forward to focusing and knocking a lot of work off my to do list without worrying about the boys. 

Unfortunately all of my plans went out the window when Scott suddenly became sick in the middle of the night. After helping to clean up the vomit (ick) and settling him back into bed, I began to fret about my meetings. Rescheduling was not an option, so I was thrown back to the planning board to secure daycare for Timmy.

After worrying myself into a full blown panic attack, I was finally able to recenter myself and think rationally. After a few texts, I received a lifeline. I am fortunate that Robby's teacher is a wonderful woman who graciously agreed to watch Timmy on her day off. We are so lucky to have her in our lives!

Between juggling the boys, taking care of Scott and preparing for my meetings, my morning was beyond hectic. I felt relieved when I sat down in the car to drive to my meetings because it felt so wonderful to be off my feet. (I love my husband dearly, but he is an extremely high maintenance and non-compliant patient.)

In the end, it all worked out. By the end of the day I was frazzled, overwhelmed, and had logged over 16,000 steps on my pedometer. I take the fact that I was still standing as a victory. Hopefully Scott is feeling better today and will be ready to resume at least some activity because I am certainly not cut out to be a single Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment