About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Dragging

I'm not feeling great today. I have a low grade fever, mild headache and I'm feeling just plain tired. I'm not unwell enough to be considered sick by "Mom standards," but I am definitely dragging. It's going to be a long day.

Hamlet was up early and was full of energy. This morning, out of a sense of desperation to keep him still and quiet, I tried to introduce Timmy to cartoons. I ended up watching two episodes of Bearenstain Bears while he entertained himself by trying to eat a magazine and throwing 250 little plastic army men down the stairs. Hopefully he will have as much fun picking them up this afternoon, but I am not holding out a lot of hope. Right now it isn't a battle I have the energy to fight, so I'll just step around the casualties on the stairs.

Today is going to be busy, so I'm hopeful that I perk up as the sun rises. I am scheduled to go see Elliot this morning to try out my new check socket. I'm anxious to wear a leg that doesn't hurt, so there is no way I am going to miss that appointment. I really hope that it fits perfectly, but I'm experienced enough to know that multiple versions and adjustment are typically required.  In this situation, patience is definitely a virtue.  

Since cartoons obviously aren't working, I may take Timmy to the toddler playground so that he can expel some energy after my appointment with Elliot. He is definitely my on-the-go little boy. Fingers crossed this ailing Momom can keep up today!



No comments:

Post a Comment