About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Recovery

Timmy is slowly starting to rebound from his bout with Croup.  His barking cough is beginning to quiet, and his voice is returning to normal. I predict that he will be fully recovered and back to his normal, active self by the weekend. 

Unfortunately, the string of sleepless nights have taken its toll on me. I am reminded that I'm no longer in my 20's, and that I can't drink a single cup of coffee to perk up when I'm sleep deprived. My Keurig has been getting a work-out, supplying me with a steady stream of liquid caffeine to keep me upright and mobile.

Today I have the calendar cleared during Timmy's nap time. Typically I take advantage of the quiet by schedule conference calls or Skype meetings. Instead of working, I'm going to completely unplug and disconnect so that I can take a nap. If I don't take care of myself, soon I'll be the one in a sick bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment