About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday afternoon I packed up the boys and headed to my Mom's for the weekend. We didn't have any grand plans, but the prospect of just relaxing and hanging out for a few days was enough motivation to drive.  Scott opted to stay in Virginia so that he could enjoy some "bachelor time" while lounging around the house. He often chooses to not accompany us on these trips, which is fine because I think that an occasional weekend apart is good for everybody. 

My cousin came to visit on Saturday. Her baby girl Aleena is just a few months younger than Timmy. It was a lot of fun watching the two interact, trying to figure out what to do with another little person in the room. Both kids are accustomed to being the baby of the family, and sharing this role was difficult for them to navigate.  Eventually they figured it out, assuming that their respective mother did not pay too much attention to the other child.

Yesterday I came home, and returned to the reality of dishes in the sink and laundry piled on the floor. Oh how I wish I had a Fairy Godmother who tackle all of the household chores with the wave of her wand. I've tried to conjure some magic with Robby's magician wand but only resulted in looking foolish and nearly knocking over a lamp. 

Lacking any magical intervention, I suspect that I'll have to buckle down this week and whip this house into shape. Visiting with my Mom was considerably more fun than cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment