About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Long Week

It has been a long time since I have been sick for more than a day or two. Of course, the timing could not have been worse. With Scott returning to work this week and Robby set to start fifth grade on Monday, I had the days planned with adventures and back-to-school prep. I certainly didn't plan to spend the last week of summer holed up at home hacking all day. 

In excruciatingly slow fashion I am beginning to recover from this blow of bronchitis. I can feel myself getting stronger, and the intensity of my cough is starting to lessen. Hopefully I'll be well enough to resume a somewhat normal schedule by the beginning of the week. I am over being sick!

I am having a difficult time grasping the reality that Robby is entering the fifth grade.  Didn't he just start kindergarten? I look at him and wonder where my little boy went. He is growing up so quickly it makes my head spin. He is no longer a little kid. He is a young man. I don't think my heart will ever catch up to his biological age.  

I'm going to spend the weekend resting and getting my fifth grader ready for school. He is ready and excited about the challenges of the year ahead. Let's hope the enthusiasm lasts beyond the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment