About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 02, 2016

First Friday!

The first week back to school is traditionally exhausting, and this year is no exception. In addition to contending with his students and the new school year prep, Scott's schedule has been monopolized with meetings before, during and after school. It feels like all of his waking hours have been consumed with work responsibilities. I certainly hope that it settles down because I don't think anybody can survive going at this rate for long! 

Robby has transitioned easier back into his schedule, but it hasn't been without some hiccups. Despite our prepping him for the change, he has been struggling to wake up in the mornings. To be honest I don't really expect his waking up to get any easier. He is much like me and is not a morning person! Despite the morning grumpies, we have managed to get out the door each day without being late. (Yesterday he had to wake up to participate in school via Skype. I just love technology!)

Timmy has even had a difficult time adjusting to the change in our household flow. I have no doubt that he misses his Daddy and brother while they are at school.  Each morning he sobs after we drop off Robby, and continues to vocalize his displeasure until we arrive home. I'm hoping that the morning hysterics will wane, but I'm not overly optimistic that it will happen anytime soon. He is also like me and extremely stubborn at times. 

With our first week in the books, I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm finally recovered from my bronchitis enough to feel like leaving the house again. On a positive note, the bronchitis slowed me down enough so that the sore on the back of my leg has finally healed. It took my being sick for two weeks, but my prosthesis no longer hurts when I walk. At this point I'll take a benefit where I can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment