About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Non Stop Energy

I love this weather! Timmy and I have thoroughly enjoyed spending the afternoons outside, playing in the leaves and jumping on the trampoline. (Apparently exercise and fresh air do not improve his sleep patterns. He continues to be an obscenely early riser.) I think we are both going to be sad when the weather becomes too cold to play outside without multiple layers.

My little book-licker is definitely an action seeker. He's constantly on the go and seems to have no fear. Robby was always so cautious I rarely worried about him getting hurt playing on the playground or in his tree house. Timmy climbs up the tree house without hesitation, and loves nothing more than zooming down the slide as fast as possible. He stands on swings, jumps higher than I wish he would on the trampoline, and leaps freely into piles of leaves. He is my rough and tumble kid, shaking off bumps and bruises without pause.

Sitting by and supervising Timmy's play is out of the question. When we are outside, regardless of how I am feeling, I am forced to be an active participant.  I always have to have him within arms reach so that I can pull him out of the stream, away from teetering logs and off of the ladder. At the first opportunity he will take off running after a squirrel or across the street to visit Mr. Bill. He has boundless energy. Unfortunately I do not. Keeping up with him is exhausting!

Today we are going to the Hopping Halloween Toddler party at the trampoline park where his activity will be confined to a designated space. I'm hoping that he will jump jump jump[1]  himself into exhaustion, leading to a nice long nap. Even if he doesn't nap, I know that he will have fun so at least one of us will be happy.


 [1]

No comments:

Post a Comment