About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Robby Rotten- Tween Version

Oh my goodness, Robby Rotten returned over the weekend with a vengeance. I thought that his toddler antics were terrible. Apparently his pint sized misbehavior was only the warm-up for the tween years.

Our typically peaceful house became a battleground, pitting team Robby Rotten against his family. His snarky attitude paired with fatigue created an absolute pre-teen monster. I really miss my sweet little Koopa. 

Somehow Scott and I manage to hold down jobs, pay the bills, and maintain the household despite the fact that we are wrong about everything. How have we survived so long without a know-it-all ten year old to point out every perceived mistake! Robby Rotten, tween version, has an opinion about everything. Here's the abridged version: He is right and apparently wise beyond his years. Everything his parents do is stupid, nonsensical and just plain wrong. In short, he is a genius and we are idiots. 

Although he has eaten the meals I prepare for over 10 years, apparently what used to be one of his favorites is now a "bowl of hot horse diarrhea." Our Halloween decorations are "lame" and he shouldn't have to put down the toilet seat because there are three males and only one female in the house. Being outnumbered, he should be able to "pee like a man in a castle."  (It is a good thing that Snarky Robby Rotten was able to enlighten me about how men in castles pee.)

Scott's beloved Ohio State Buckeyes lost on Saturday because he always picks "stupid teams." The internet is slow because our house "sucks."  Somehow his dying in a video game is the fault of a pizza roll that I managed to ruin. Who knew  I so many talents!

Over the weekend his attitude escalated to a full blown war. I understand that this is a stage, but I'm not going to be disrespected in my own home by my ten year old son. It just isn't going to be tolerated. He isn't enjoying his restrictions, but it was necessary to reassert our authority. I'm not loving this stage, and I hope that Robby Rotten- Tween Edition doesn't stay long. I really miss my sweet little Koopa, and I hate being a mean Mom. (By the way, I am apparently the meanest, most horrible Momom in the world.)

No comments:

Post a Comment