About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Continuing to Push #DontExcludeAmputees

Well, after a fantastic three day weekend, today we return to reality.  Robby and Scott will return to school/ work, and Timmy and I will resume our routines. I'm sad that our hibernation hideaway is being dissolved, but I suppose it's time to face the world again. (I had ambitions of returning to civilization yesterday but we quickly decided to spend another day chilling out in front of the fireplace.)

While we never really ventured out of the house, I was productive. With Robby on his computer and Timmy happily playing with his trains, I was able to tackle a lot of work. I always feel better when I am caught up and, dare I jinx myself by admitting that I'm even ahead on some projects. 

I also spent a lot of time trying to promote our #DontExcludeAmputees initiative. With the ACA repeal in process, it is imperative that we reach out to our elected officials in Congress to demand that prosthetics remain classified as Essential Health Benefits. I'm terrified of returning to the days when amputees were disabled by lifetime caps and yearly coverage limits.

On Sunday we recorded a new podcast and updated our new Amp'd website. This project has been a true labor of love and I am so proud of the results. The tools that have been created are both intuitive to use and functional to true life issues. If you haven't yet checked it out, I invite you to do so now. (And don't forget to subscribe so that you never miss an update.)  Please, if you have been putting it off, now is the time to send your emails and make calls demanding that prosthetics maintain Essential Health Benefits status. I am imploring all of my readers to take action because inaction may result in our insurance policies dictating our abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment