About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Rain Day

Yesterday was rainy, cold and windy. Because it was Monday and all of our favorite indoor play areas were closed, Timmy and I huddled inside all day. He seemed content to play with his toys, ride his train and dance in the kitchen. After an exhilarating weekend, I was grateful for a quiet day at home.

Not only did I need the chance to unwind emotionally, but I was happy for the chance to physically recover. Saturday I spent hours on my feet, standing still in a large crowd. It is far easier for me to walk and move than to just stand still. When I am still, my leg settles into my socket and begins to ache. If I am stagnant for too long, sores and blisters can develop.

Probably because of the adrenaline I didn't realize that sores had developed on my limb until I was home on Saturday night. I took off my liner to discover that I had developed three dime sized blisters on my leg. The blisters are healing, but right now walking is a tinge more painful. I'm able to manage and get around, but I am reminded with each step that I need to walk gingerly.  I took the rainy day as an opportunity to rest and work towards healing my leg. 

Although he did well yesterday, I know that Timmy is chomping at the bit for an activity. After I teach Abby this morning we will head to the pool. I know that the water will feel great on my aching body, and Timmy will love splashing and playing. It is definitely a win-win activity, and the perfect way to spend another rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment