About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Adventures Ending

Originally I had planned to take the kids to Hershey Park, but we switched our plans to accommodate their pleas to go to the outdoor adventure playground. The crew decided that they would prefer to spend the day climbing and traversing instead of spinning and twirling. I didn't really care where we went as long as everybody was together and having fun.

Timmy was happy to join everybody on our adventure. When the big kids scattered towards the larger features he and I headed into the woods to tackle the toddler area. I worried that he would want to try to keep up with his brother and cousins, but instead he was content to scale the pint-sized obstacles with me.

Everybody had fun but we only ended up staying for about an hour due to the heat. We went for ice cream, came home to cool off and headed to an arcade in the evening. Again everybody went to bed exhausted and smiling, so I consider it another successful day.

Today is our last Aunt Peggy adventure of the summer. Tomorrow the boys and I will head home to get ready for school and his cousins begin school next week. We are all saddened that our summer is ending and that our reunions will again be sporadic. Hopefully our adventure memories will keep everybody smiling through the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment