About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Our Last Summer Adventure



A few days ago, a friend posted a link to a new tree house adventure center in the area. Intrigued, I clicked on the link to learn more. It didn’t take long before I knew that we were going to be headed to Tree House World before the Summer of Awesome 2017 came to an end.  Yesterday morning I piled the kids into the car (including Timmy) and we drove to play in the trees.

The big kids tended to stick together on the more complex activities while I played with Timmy, who was particularly excited by the tree house train. Whoever decided to design a tree house shaped like a multi-car train certainly knows toddlers. My little guy was in heaven playing on the train among the branches.  I loved hearing the squeals of laughter from the big kids echoing through the tree branches as we played on the choo choo tree.

After some cajoling, the big kids finally gathered the courage to attempt the tree climbing activity.  After they were all properly harnessed and passed the obligatory safety instruction, each took their turn conquering the climb. My niece quickly made her way to the top, marking her success by ringing the bell perched on the last branch.  Robby and my nephew each made it a few feet before they succumbed to their nerves. Even though they didn’t reach the top I’m proud of them all for overcoming their fears by trying something new.    

We have had some wonderful adventures over the past few weeks, but I must say that Tree House World was a fantastic way to end the summer.  Everybody, including Timmy, had a fantastic time running through the elevated structures, sliding, swinging and bouncing through the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment