About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hiding at the Farm

This week has been so hectic I feel as if I'm running on fumes. Between juggling a handful of work projects, trying to take care of Timmy and chauffeuring Robby to and from all of his activities, I am hitting a wall.  I've logged a lot of hours behind the computer, on my cell phone and driving over the past few days, and I'm ready for a much needed break.The unseasonable (and unwelcome) heatwave has come to an end, so today I'm logging off my computer for a few hours and escaping to the farm with Timmy.

Timmy adores going to the farm and it has become our happy place. I'm able to leave all my work and housework stress behind for a few hours while I concentrate all of my energies on having fun with Timmy. We jump, climb, swing and explore until we are both filthy and exhausted. When life becomes overwhelming, playing with Timmy reminds me of my priorities.  

Unlike other agrarian destinations, our farm is easy for me to navigate.  The steps to all of the tube slides are evenly spaced and boast sturdy handrails. Other than trying to squeeze my adult sized bum into a pint sized seat, I don't have any trouble climbing on the structures. There is nothing at the farm that I can't do because the obstacles have been seamlessly erased.  

After wearing out my little Hamlet, I'm hoping that we both sleep well.  We have both been experiencing significant sleep issues recently, and I think that a solid night sleep would do us both some good. I wish I could figure out why he has been waking up every few hours! Hopefully a little fresh air, sunshine and dirt will be the sleeping remedy we desperately need

No comments:

Post a Comment