About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Prosthetic Encyclopedia!

Almost as soon as I became an amputee I discovered the need for a resource that aggregates all of the prosthetic options in a single location. I find surfing between manufacturer websites an exercise in frustration with each website presenting their devices in a different manner. I quickly become tab confused and often end up shutting off the computer entirely.

We live in the age of Google and quick information dissemination yet there hasn't been an easy way for the consumer (individuals with limb loss) to compare their prosthetic options. Instead of continuing to discuss our frustration over the lack of a resource, Dave and I decided it was time to just do it ourselves.  After months of work, I am thrilled to unveil the amp'd Prosthetic Product Encyclopedia.

Our Encyclopedia, divided by functional K-level, organizes all of the prosthetic options in an easy to compare format.  Each device photo is hyperlinked to the manufacturers website so the specific product is easy to locate, eliminating the tab confusion of the past.  We've included the manufacturer suggested reimbursement codes, as well as the average medicare allowable for each product. For the first time, the limb loss/ limb difference community has access to all of their prosthetic options, and the average price, for each device.

I have wanted to create a Prosthetic Encyclopedia for the past decide, and I'm thrilled that my dream has finally come to fruition. I'm hoping that it will help everybody window shop for devices. With the ability to compare products and financial implications, the community is more empowered in with their prosthetic care.  Let me know what you think of the resource!


I should disclose that, although we would like to include every manufacturer, we know that our encyclopedia is incomplete at this time. We feel that it is important to share the reimbursement recommendations and the financial implications of each product and some manufacturers do not publicly provide that information. When the coding recommendations are not public, the products were omitted from the encyclopedia.  (Of course, if the manufacturer is willing to share the coding recommendations for their products we will be delighted to include them in the resource.)

No comments:

Post a Comment