About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fun Day Play Day

Timmy and I had a fantastic Monday. It didn't start strong with my being awoken at 4 by my little cherub faced alarm clock. Even though I was miserable pulling myself out of bed and putting on my ice cold liner (welcome to cooler temperatures), I made the decision to make the best of the situation. While Timmy happily played with his trains and watched Mickey Mouse on television, I pulled out my computer and began to work. By the time Scott was leaving for school, I had knocked just about everything off my to-do list, freeing me up to play for the rest of the day.

After we dropped Robby at school, Timmy and I headed to an indoor playground. He ran, climbed, swung and jumped for almost three hours. He squealed with laughter playing with new friends and I found myself giggling along when I joined the fun. By the time we were ready to leave, we were both sweaty, winded and smiling from ear to ear. 

We came home for lunch, to rest for a bit and for me to get a little bit more work done. After a few hours we were ready to go pick up Robby from school to ferry him to the gym for his "gamer's fitness" class.  While Robby was playing at the gym, Timmy and I decided to make the most of the gorgeous weather by spending the hour at the park.

I love days when I can completely disconnect, unwind and just have fun with Timmy. I know all too well that he will be grown up before I am ready, and I need to make the most of these opportunities. I don't like getting up early, but in this case the payoff was worth the sacrifice. I am going to try to use my morning times productively so I can have more free time to explore and play with my kids. It's good for them, and it is most certainly good for me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment