About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 29, 2017

One Last Adventure

My adventure for yesterday never panned out, so my idea has been put back into the pile of possibilities for another time.  Because of the bitter cold we opted to stay home and play games and the kids had as much fun as if we had gone somewhere. I bought a cake to turn game night into a party because, let's face it, everything is more fun with cake!

Today Robby, Timmy and I will head back to Virginia. It is hard to believe that our vacation week is coming to a close. My goodness it went quickly. Next week everybody will return to their normal school schedule, again filling my house with laments and complaints each morning.  I don't think I'm ready for reality!

Before we return to school, we have one New Year's Eve adventure planned.  Scott and I were comped a night at Great Wolf Lodge because of the malfunctioning pools on during our last visit. (A water park without pools was a bit of a let down, but props to the company for making it right!)  We decided to redeem our night on New Year's Eve, and we have a room big enough for all of the Cousin Crew.  

Usually the kids don't know the details of my adventures, but I had to let them into this one. They are absolutely ecstatic to be ringing in 2018 together at Great Wolf Lodge. I think it is going to be a fantastic start which is sure to be a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment