About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

FeVR Gaming

Aunt Peggy managed to pull off another Cousin Crew Adventure! 

In spite of the bitter cold, we all bundled up (including Timmy) and headed to a local park to introduce Geocaching into the cousin's lives. They were ecstatic running through the park with my GPS in search of a hidden cache. When they managed to work together they found the hidden treasure.  Everybody contributed during the activity, except of course for Timmy who happily straggled behind so he didn't miss the excitement.

After we warmed up and tucked Timmy into bed for the night I took the Cousins on another adventure to FeVR Gaming, the new VR Gaming arcade in my Mom's area. I had no worries about the boys loving the experience but I had some doubts about how it would be received by my niece. She isn't a gamer and I was a tad concerned that she would quickly become bored. My worries were for naught and everybody was in awe of their individual virtual worlds.  

I thoroughly enjoyed watching them jump, spin and react to the stories unfolding within their realities. After thirty minutes I finally succumbed to my curiosity and agreed to enter the VR world. I only went through the tutorial session (which was free) but my goodness it was cool. I could have swatted virtual balloons all night long!  I can definitely see why VR is the newest craze, and I have no doubt that it is the wave of the future.  

Today it is going to be bitter cold again, so our adventures will have to be inside. Hmmm... I wonder what I'll come up with today. Tune in tomorrow to find out!




No comments:

Post a Comment