About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Relating

I have a new respect for how stoically Robby has handled all of his ear issues. My ear has been packed with gel for 36 hours and I'm already at my wits end. I feel unbalanced, uncomfortable and frustrated with the lack of hearing. I am saddened to know that Robby has lived his life with similar circumstances, yet I'm incredibly proud of how well he has adjusted. 

Robby has been extremely empathetic throughout my ear troubles. When I complain about the pressure and discomfort, he fixes me tea and brings me a blanket. He tried to calm my nerves before the procedure by offering tips and observations that he gleaned during his own ear surgeries. He has been extremely sweet and caring because, as he puts it, he "knows all about ear crap."  

This morning my ear feels better. I suspect that the combinations of the steroids and the ear gel are beginning to work their collective magic. I'm hopeful that my day will progress as pain free with minimal ear distraction.

I feel silly complaining, but since this is my blog and I'm the one experiencing the ear trouble, I feel comfortable venting. Ear issues stink! Even when I am at my most frustrated I can't help but reflect upon everything Robby has endured, and will continue to endure, because of his ears. I am not happy that this has happened to me, but being able to relate to my son has been a shining positive out of an otherwise yucky experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment