About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Sick Day

My exuberance with my ear feeling better was short lived.  Robby was coughing throughout the night and Timmy woke with a slight fever.  I keep trying to remind myself that the flu hits quickly and hard. If Robby or Timmy were infected they would have higher fevers and more severe symptoms. I'm sure that we are dealing with colds, but with all of the news reports heralding a flu epidemic I am in outright panic mode.  

Today Timmy is supposed to have his Young Zookeepers class, but I have decided to keep him home. As a family rule we don't send sick kids to school, and this includes toddler classes. I'm disappointed for him because I know how much he loves the class and the interaction. Thankfully he is young enough to not fully comprehend the calendar so he isn't expecting to attend today.

Mornings like today make me appreciate how fortunate I am to be able to work from home. I am able to accommodate my schedule to keep them home and their germs quarantined from the world. I can take care of the kiddos without the stress of trying to find coverage at work or the worry of losing my position.  It is always stressful when the kids are sick, but at least I don't have to worry about my professional reputation when I care for them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment