About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

On Our Own

After a lengthy illness, Scott's uncle passed away on Sunday, and Scott made the decision to travel home for the funeral service. After work today, Robby, Timmy and I will drive him to the airport and say goodbye for a few days.  

It is odd having Scott travel. I'm accustomed to being the one packing and flying, but this time the roles are reversed. As I was helping him pack last night, we were trying to remember the last time he traveled without us. As far as we remember, he hasn't been away from home without us since he went to take care of his Mom after surgery in 2005. (The only reason I remember the visit was because I was newly pregnant with Robby and had my first OB appointment while he was away.)  

I'm used to wrangling the kids, but I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about being the only caretaker for the rest of the week. Timmy received his shot on Monday and is sure to be a spitfire tomorrow. I'm just getting over being sick and not quite up to par, but hopefully I'm well enough to manage the kids by myself. Because I know that Scott is apprehensive about leaving, I've kept mum about my concerns because I want him to concentrate on his trip and to not worry about us.

I know that we'll be fine.  Frazzled, but fine. Of course, that really isn't much different than normal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment