About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Park Escape (Again)

After much prodding from my family, I finally relented and went back to the doctor. The appointment was about as productive as I anticipated, but the diagnosis of a chest cold vs. pneumonia certainly lightened my worry. I was told to stay the course of decongestants, water and rest (if only Timmy would comply) and sent on my way. Hopefully this cold will fade soon because this week has been absolutely miserable!

Timmy has no regard for Momom being sick and was chomping at the bit to go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Knowing that I wasn't a host for pneumonia, I packed him up and we headed to the Animal Park. He spent nearly four hours running around and playing on the outdoor climbing structures and slides while I was able to sit quietly on a bench. I'm not accustomed to being the parent who watches from a distance, but in this case it was the best thing I could do for both of us.  He was able to run and play while I was able to rest and relax. 

This morning I'm feeling better. My chest hurts a little less and I actually slept more than an hour before waking up. I'm going to try to take it easy today, although it is supposed to rain so my escape to the park probably won't work again. Wish me luck wrangling my energetic little preschooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment