About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

12 Years Old!

Dear Robby,

Twelve years ago today I became a Mom. I will never forget holding you for the very first time. I felt clueless and woefully unprepared to the journey ahead. Even though I didn't know how to be a Mom, I knew that you had stolen my heart and that my life would never be the same. 

Happy Birthday to my sweet, funny, talented and empathetic 12-year-old. I can't believe that we are now on the footsteps to adolescence. I look into your eyes and I still see the curious little boy that used to love to play Pirates and dig for worms. Now you are almost as tall as me, seemingly changing over night.

Growing up is not easy.  I can see you struggling between wanting to be mature while part of you still yearns to be a little kid. Every stage is unique and special. Please don't spend your time wishing to be somewhere else because you will look back one day and realize that you missed out on this special time.  

Robby, you are such a unique soul. You are the first to bring a smile to somebody who looks sad, and the first to help a stranger in need. Dad and I couldn't be prouder of the young man that is emerging before our eyes.  

I hope that you enjoy your special day. We love you the sun, the moon and all the stars in the sky.  I am so proud to be your Mom, and I'm looking forward to what the next year reveals.

Happy Birthday Koopa!

No comments:

Post a Comment