About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Damp in VA

All free moments, which are few and far between, have been dedicated to basement restoration. We have determined that the water came from the bottom slab instead of through the patio door. The room used to be a garage and the previous owners threw down some carpet, nailed up some wood paneling and created a bedroom. When we get large amounts of rain, the water leaks through the slap and into the carpet.  

We've had fans blowing constantly and the carpet is nearly dry, which is a good thing. Heavy rains are forecast for the next few days, which is a bad thing. I'm hoping that the slap doesn't become wet again, but at this point it is anybody's guess.  If it does leak, there really isn't anything we can do about it because we will be out of town. Soon it will be the problem of our dedicated house sitter (aka my sister). 

Today we are heading to Baltimore in preparation of our early morning flight to Florida.  While I'm looking forward to our vacation, the stress from the basement flooding has definitely hampered my enthusiasm. I feel overwhelmed and frazzled, but hopefully I'll be able to put those feelings to the side as soon as I feel the Florida sunshine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment