About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Beach and Fishing

We had a fantastic first day of vacation. The boys loved alternating between the ocean and the pool while taking intermittent breaks for food. To my delight I was able to keep up with them and their beach loving activities.

To the chagrin of every male in the family, I scheduled a photographer to meet us at the beach in the morning. I have hundreds of photos of the boys, but few of us together. I thought that a family photo against beautiful backdrop of the ocean and beach would be a perfect way to commemorate this special vacation.

Oh my goodness, I completely missed the mark. I failed to factor how much the boys love the beach into the equation. Having them stand on the sand, without touching it, so that we could pose for photos was not taken kindly. Timmy became irate that he couldn't dig and Robby was cranky because he wanted to hop into the waves. Within two minutes of the photographer arriving Timmy was on the ground, throwing a fit and covering himself in the very sand I was trying to keep from him. I am not sure what kind of photos the photographer was able to capture, but I do know that Timmy is covered in sand in almost all of them. 

After the photo fiasco, the day went without a hitch. Timmy was exhausted by dinner, falling asleep in his plate of spaghetti. I cleaned him up and tucked him into bed before saying goodbye to Scott and Robby for the evening. The pair went out on a nighttime deep drift fishing trip.

From the few photos I received, before the boat even left the dock, the fishermen were having a fantastic time. I can't wait to hear all about it, and to learn if they caught any fish, when they finally wake up.  Photos to be added later!





No comments:

Post a Comment