About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Turtle Adventure has Begun!

The hotel room became eerily quiet on Saturday afternoon. Our whole family feels off center with Robby's absence. Even Timmy, who typically craves attention, has been more mellow and has been asking for his brother. We explain that he is at work with the turtles, but I'm not sure he fully understands. Although I know he is having a great time, I really miss my Koopa.  

Dropping off Robby was difficult. He was terrified and on the verge of tears throughout the morning. I know that he was excited, but the prospect of his first sleep away camp was also overwhelming. I did my best to remain upbeat and optimistic, even though I was struggling with letting him go.  Having my little boy grow up is hard!

He was stoic when we dropped him off, giving me a quick hug and fist bumping Scott before we left.   He put on a brave face, but I could still see the scared little boy in his eyes.   Even though I was both anxious and sad, I knew that as soon as the turtle work began, he would be in his element. If anybody was made for this internship opportunity, 7it is Robby. 

My anxiety evaporated a few hours later when he called me.  Scott was in the other room when he heard me say "Hey Robby" on the phone. Apparently the turtle nest outside our hotel was starting to hatch. Scott threw on his shoes and was out the door before I could tell Robby that his Daddy was on the way down to say hello. When I saw the selfie that they took, I knew that he was having the time of his life.  I don't think I've ever seen him, or Scott, so happy!  I already put dibs on the next opportunity to see Robby.  

With Robby safe (and happy) at his internship, we spent the day yesterday at the pool. The ocean was too rough for Timmy, but he had a blast splishing and splashing throughout the afternoon. Today we will spend the day in water, whether it be the ocean or the pool we have yet to determine. Either way, I know that we'll have fun!  

Hopefully another nest will hatch near the hotel so I can see my Koopa. I miss him!





No comments:

Post a Comment