About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Growing Up

As the week is progressing, we are hearing from Robby with less frequency. During his first few days we received text messages every few hours, often to just say hello or to connect. Yesterday I received only one message, a happy face emoji. I know that this is a good sign because it means he is becoming adjusted and is feeling more comfortable being on his own.  But I would be lying if I didn't admit that I miss him.

Even though I'm not hearing from him as much, I know that he is having a fantastic time. He was trained to handle the baby sea turtles and was fortunate enough to pick up and redirect 41 little "turtlinies" to the ocean after they wandered towards the city. I didn't have to be there to know the excitement and happiness that must have been shining on his face as he carefully picked up each little hatchling. 

Tomorrow night I am scheduled to go on the Turtle Trek he is leading. I am looking forward to experiencing the sea turtle hatchings myself, but more importantly, I can't wait to see my little Koopa. I have missed him so much!

It is simply weird not having Robby with us. At the pool, or at the beach, his presence is missed. Even Timmy has begun to ask about his "brober." I am slowly accepting that Robby is growing up. I hate change! 

No comments:

Post a Comment