About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Laid Back

We had a laid back vacation day where nothing of true consequence happened. Scott and I took Timmy to the beach and to the pool a few times, thoroughly delighting and ultimately exhausting my little water bug. He has an abundance of energy, but when he crashes, he goes down hard. He fell asleep early and slept soundly through the night.  

Timmy is sleeping better on vacation, probably due to the excitement and activity level. I'm getting spoiled by his sleeping until 8 in the morning. Typically up at 5, those extra three hours each morning have been a wonderful gift.  I'm trying to figure out a way to keep this good sleeping spree going beyond vacation, but short of putting in a wave pool,  I am not coming up with any ideas.  

We didn't hear much from Robby yesterday, which I suppose is a good thing. He texted a few times and assured me that he is doing well and having fun. I was hoping for a phone call but it never materialized. Although I know it is both normal and a good sign, I miss him!

Today we are going to repeat our beach and pool adventures. Timmy seems delighted with both, so we don't feel the need to venture beyond the resort. It is kind of nice staying put and not always being on the go. I think I could get used to this vacation lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment