About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 03, 2018

Turtle Trek Redo.

Last summer our family vacation was planned around an opportunity to watch baby sea turtles hatch on the beach. I had planned on going on the Turtle Trek with Robby, but at the last minute I changed my mind and sent Scott instead. I didn't feel like I was physically strong enough to walk several miles on the beach. I feared slowing down the group, and perhaps more importantly, I worried about embarrassing Robby.  

This summer we have again planned our vacation around Robby's love of turtles. He has spent the last week at his Sea Turtle Internship, having the experience of a lifetime. Scott, Timmy and I have been at a nearby hotel, enjoying the pool and Florida in general. Tonight I am again signed up for a Turtle Trek. Unlike last year, I am not bailing this time.

Motivated by abandoning the trek last summer, I have worked all year to become physically stronger. I have lost a lot of weight and I am in better condition. It hasn't been easy, but I've always kept my goal in sight. I don't ever want to let Robby down again.

While I still have trouble walking on the sand, I have no doubt that I am physically capable to participate in the adventure. I've worked hard, and I'm ready. Tonight, I am going on the Turtle Trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment