About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!

With no real plans, this year we are having a laid back holiday. We will probably go to the pool for a few hours and throw some burgers on the grill for dinner. I'm sure that Robby and his friends will ride through the neighborhood this evening in search of neighbors blowing up fireworks. Other than that, we aren't doing a whole lot.  To be honest, not doing anything feels perfect right now!

Yesterday ended up being more emotional than I anticipated. I was fine until Scott surprised me by taking me to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. It was also my Dad's favorite restaurant, and we have never been there without him.  Walking into the restaurant, filled with so many memories of my Dad, brought a wave of grief I wasn't anticipating.  

I was okay through dinner, but I broke down after I tucked Timmy into bed. I guess every once in awhile I still need a good cry.  I'm pretty sure I was crying more over my Dad than my leg, but by the time I went to bed my emotions were all jumbled. I was a mess! 

Needless to say, I'm glad that my Ampuversary is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment