About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 25, 2019

Sick Again

After spending four hours on Saturday running and playing at the playground, Hamlet woke up with a high fever in the wee hours Sunday morning. His fever worsened throughout the day despite constant rest and a steady stream of medication. Not wanting the situation to snowball out of control, I finally made the decision to pack him up to visit a doc in a box. 

Three hours later we had our diagnosis. My little guy has both strep throat and ear infections. No wonder he felt so lousy!  We are hoping that the antibiotics will work their magic quickly and that he will feel better soon. In the meantime, it is going to be a Polar Express/ Grinch day on the couch.

Because he had a high fever, I slept in his room last night. Since we installed the new bunk bed slide, my air mattress no longer fits in his room. Determined to stay with him, I set up camp on the floor. Under his bunk, I laid out his crib mattress and a large dog bed (that is used for human lounging only.) Comfort was secondary to my being within reach of Timmy should he need me when sick.

My makeshift bed was comfortable for about five minutes. After that time I became acutely aware that I am too old to be sleeping on a dog bed on the floor.  Every muscle hurts in my body this morning!  

I've asked Scott to pick up a smaller air mattress today on his way home from work. Until Timmy's fever breaks I plan to stay with him, but I don't think I can handle another night on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment