About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Deserve Better

I think it is safe to say that my little Hamlet is completely recovered. By midafternoon he had resumed front rolling across the living room floor and performing trampoline flips while watching Grinch. This morning he is a bundle of energy, and I suspect that he is going to play harder than I would prefer today.

Despite a few days to rest and heal, my leg continues to be troublesome. The bruising that developed because of using an all-too-small liner will persist until I receive a new liner. I am hoping that it arrives soon because the constant tweaks, discomfort and bruising are draining both physically and emotionally. 

I've managed to create a patchwork solution, but getting by is not good enough. It is incredibly frustrating that the source of my pain is easily identified and quick to remedy, yet it is being held hostage by the red tape of my insurer.  I deserve better. We all deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment