About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

All-Nighter

As predicted, yesterday was a rough one for little Timmy. His fever rose and fell throughout the day, leaving us both worn out and grumpy. The wild temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on his little body and his spirits.

Last night was long. Wanting to stay close in case he needed me and to monitor his fever, I decided to camp out in Timmy's room. Once Timmy saw the blow-up mattress next to his bunk bed, he immediately crawled in with me. He was restless all night. Between his rolling, kicking and moaning in discomfort, neither of us slept well.  

Thankfully his fever seemed to break around 4 this morning. Right now he is a bundle of energy, happily proclaiming that he "broke the germs to pieces." His color is already returning, and his smile is beginning to overshadow the deep purple shadows under his eyes.  

I'm grateful that this is spring break week. As soon as Scott gets up I'm going back to bed. I am having a rough time functioning after back-to-back all-nighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment