About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 19, 2019

Happy Birthday to my Mom

Happy Birthday to my Mom!!  Today Timmy and I will do our best to spoil and to dote upon her. She, more than anybody else I can think of, deserves to feel appreciated and loved.  

Yesterday I worked throughout the day to cross items off of her list. Somehow, despite my efforts, we only managed to cross off three items. My sore body tells me that the list is misleading because I'm certainly feeling the efforts in my back and shoulders. (Yikes I am really out of shape.)

Her bathroom ceiling has been repainted and the front flower beds have been weeded. I managed to lay down a layer of weed block in the large flower bed, but I ran out of anchors so I had to stop for the evening. I'll go on a supply run soon and hopefully cross a few other things off the list.  

Scott and Robby will be joining us this afternoon. I know that Timmy is eager to see them and is looking forward to having everybody together at Nana's house. Hopefully having a handful of helpers will help to make my Mom's birthday special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment