About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Bike Riding

As the morning progressed my sore throat lessened. Coupled with the lack of a fever, I've self-diagnosed my ailment as simple allergies. The weather was beautiful but my body struggled to completely enjoy playing outside. 

While I would have preferred to be curled up on the couch, there was little doubt that Timmy wanted to spend the day enjoying the warm weather. He spent the morning and afternoon playing in the yard, climbing trees and decorating the yard for Easter. When Robby came outside to ride his bike, Timmy's face lit up brighter than the sun. He hopped onto his little red balance bike and joined Robby on the one-mile trek to the duck pond.  

Any aspirations that such a long bike ride would tire Timmy have long ago been abandoned. After a sip of water and a quick snack, he was bringing me his bat and glove to play baseball in our yard. My goodness, I wish I had his energy!




No comments:

Post a Comment