About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day Wrap-Up

Hello from Pennsylvania!

With the nonstop rain and intermittent winds from yesterday, we decided to stay at my Mom's an extra day to avoid driving through the nasty conditions. I missed seeing Scott (and my traditional banner waving from our deck) but it was nice spending the entire weekend at my Mom's house.  This morning the boys and I will be packing up and heading back home.  

Saturday I spent the day helping my Mom knock some more items off of her to-do list. In the morning I power washed her porch, walkway, and driveway. In the afternoon, Robby and I tackled purging, organizing and cleaning out her shed. The shed had become a catchall for every miscellaneous item and was crammed to the point of immobility. I woefully underestimated the job. I thought it would only take an hour or so but it turned into a four-hour project.  

On Sunday the rain began to fall and continued throughout the day.  My niece and nephews returned from their Dad's on Saturday night, allowing the Cousin Crew to spend the day together. After my sister left in the morning, her kids hopped in my car and we went Mother's Day shopping for my sister and my mom. We came back with bouquets of flowers and set to work on making breakfast for their mom and Nana.  

After I decided that we were going to stay through the day Robby and I decided to make meatball lasagna, one of his favorites, for dinner. I'm glad that we made the decision early because in midafternoon the doorbell rang. My sister's new boyfriend and his children decided to surprise her with a visit. Thankfully I make big lasagnas and, after throwing in some extra cheese and a few more noodles, we had more than enough for 12 adult sized stomaches.  

I had a nice Mother's Day, spent with my Mom and surrounded by the laughter of the Cousin Crew.  Robby painted me a beautiful flower pot and planted an aloe plant in the center. Timmy colored me pictures and covered me with hugs and kisses throughout the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment