About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Swelling

I woke up this morning to discover that my leg doesn't fit. I tried several times to no avail. After hobbling to retrieve my coffee, an icepack and a cocktail of ibuprofen and water pills, I've settled onto the couch hoping that the swelling recedes. Thankfully Timmy is content watching Polar Express so I have some time to try to return my limb to its normal size.

I'm not sure why my limb is swollen this morning. This reaction usually only happens when I eat salty food, if I had been playing in intense heat, or when I have had too much red wine. None of the above apply, so I am going to chalk this up to one of those weird things and hope that my remedy works.  

One of the most frustrating things about living with a prosthesis is the vulnerability of my mobility. When the stars align, I can walk without giving it a thought. When one thing goes array, I struggle with pain throughout the day. When I can't handle the discomfort or I am risking injury, I am forced to go without my leg. Relying upon manufactured items for my mobility is frustrating at times, especially when everything doesn't work perfectly!

I'm hopeful that my limb size will return within an hour or two. I'll post an update later today.  Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment