About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Friendship

I am a social person, by nature. I don't have a problem striking up conversations with others, and breaking the ice is relatively easy. Despite being able to talk with others, I have a hard time developing friendships. For some reason, I am far more comfortable keeping others in the outer rim of acquaintances than I am allowing people to penetrate into my secure zone. Because of this tendency, I have a depressing number of real friends. 

My friend Tammy, whom I met freshman year in college, was able to chisel through my walls to become one of my dearest friends. Even though she only lives a few hours from my Mom, we don't get together often. After much scheduling juggling and rescheduling, yesterday we were able to meet halfway for dinner. 

I haven't seen Tammy in nearly two years, but we resumed our relationship without skipping a beat. It is wonderful to be able to drop all formalities and pretenses and to just be your authentic self with a friend. Last night was one of those opportunities. We had a great visit and we both vowed that we need to get together more often.  



No comments:

Post a Comment