About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 21, 2019

Jubilee

One of the Cousin Crew's favorite activities of summer, the annual Jubilee, occurred yesterday. After bowling with an abbreviated crew (Tiffany was at work and Jared was at basketball camp) the Crew reunited with bags in hand, ready to accumulate as many giveaways as possible. The motivation for the evening activity was simple: greed.

From spinning wheels to playing Plinko, the kids did whatever was required to receive the prize. After two hours, we left with heavy bags overflowing with assorted plastic trinkets, branded with a variety of businesses names and logos. It didn't matter if they needed a plastic cup or a pizza cutter. If it was the prize, they happily accepted their spoils.  

Today's Aunt Peggy's Adventure requires a lot of walking, which has me feeling anxious. Walking through the Jubilee last night I felt my limb began to ache. By the time I went to bed it was sore, but I was hoping that the rest would help. When I put on my prosthesis this morning the soreness persisted. If it doesn't work itself out, I am in for a miserable adventure.  

We still have a few hours, so I'm on the couch with an ice pack and waiting for the ibuprofen to work. I hate this! I'm glad that I have a prosthesis that works, but I resent the pain and soreness that I have to manage. Fingers crossed that my leg cooperates because today's adventure is looking to be a lot of fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment