About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Archery

With my niece at work and Timmy at my Mom's friend's pool swimming, I took the opportunity to take Robby and my nephew on a mini-adventure. Robby has been asking about taking an archery class for years, and with the heat index in the 100s and a new Groupon posted for a class, I thought it was a perfect time. Jake and Robby were thrilled with their archery surprise, and both were surprisingly good!

Unfortunately, my car overheating in traffic on the way home definitely overshadowed the excitement of our adventure. I'm hoping that the issue was caused by us being stuck in traffic, not moving, with the air conditioning cranked on high for 40 minutes. As soon as the indicator began to beep, I pulled over and turned the car off. 

Unsure about what to do, I turned to Google. Following the instructions, I popped open the hood and waited for the engine to cool down. After about 20 minutes the temperature returned to normal so I decided to try to drive home.  

Despite the hot weather, I followed the internet instructions and kept the heat on full blast.  After driving for 20 minutes with the engine temp remaining within the normal range, I decided to turn off the heat.  Again, we had no change on the indicator. Eventually, I rolled up the windows and turned on the A/C.  We drove the remainder of our 30 minutes in cool comfort, with my keeping an eye on the engine temperature. Thankfully, the needle never budged.

I'm really hoping that the car overheated because it was idling in traffic with the A/C cranking. Fingers crossed!






No comments:

Post a Comment