About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Country Frogs

Yesterday I decided to take my niece and Robby to the State Museum while Timmy and my nephew went to the climbing gym. The State Museum houses a planetarium which was hosting a special presentation on the Apollo 11 moon landing. The presentation was fascinating!

After the show, the kids explored through the museum for about two hours before we decided to head home. Our day was relatively low-key, but the temperatures are so hot that outdoor activities are prohibited. My leg is developing significant swelling in the heat which is making wearing my prosthesis both painful and exhausting. I am wrapping my limb in icepacks every night just to relieve the ache and the soreness that developed by walking throughout the day.  

In the evening we went back onto the Ice Cream Trail, heading to a rural county about 45 minutes from my Mom for our coveted stamp. The weather was fine during our drive through the country to the dairy, but it felt like a monsoon opened up as soon as we began our trip back home. Between the stark darkness of the country, the winding rural roads, heavy rain, and frogs jumping all over the road, the ride home was miserable. (Well, it was miserable for me. The kids had a blast counting all of the suicidal country frogs.)






No comments:

Post a Comment