About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 23, 2019

Open Houses

Tomorrow our schedule is full with Open Houses for the boys. In the morning we are heading to an Open House at a local Pre-K program. It is hard to believe that Timmy is ready for Pre-k, but I know that he will absolutely love the experience. He is such a social kid and will thrive with the peer interactions and direct instruction.

In preparation for the Pre-K transition, Timmy and I have been spending a lot of time working on handwriting and letters. His little brain is like a sponge right now, eagerly soaking up every bit of information and instruction. Whenever Robby pulls out his laptop to begin his schoolwork Timmy goes running to the kitchen table, waiting for his "class."  

After the Pre-K Open House, we are going to a local music school for Robby. Robby has been asking to learn the guitar, and this unique program provides both direct instruction as well as the opportunity to participate in a rock band with other classmates. I think that the combination of activities is perfect for Robby and I am hopeful that it fits his schedule.

As silly as it may be, I'm feeling anxious about both Open Houses. I know that we are evaluating the programs, and that both schools would be lucky to have the boys as students.  But I can't help but feel nervous about being judged and refused admission.  I think I still feel the sting from the Montessori School on the side of a mountain. Now every time I connect with a new instruction opportunity I feel overwhelming anxiety and edgy.  

Fingers crossed it all goes well and that my worries are unfounded!


No comments:

Post a Comment