About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tiptoeing

Yesterday was the first day I have been alone with both boys for awhile, and they wore me out! I know that we will eventually ease back into our school schedule, but the transition is exhausting. Timmy was upset that his daddy left for work and seemed to demand my attention and focus from the time that he woke until he finally went to sleep at night. Between helping him write his letters to playing pirates and riding bicycles, I didn't have a chance to sit down all day.

Scott's transition back to work is just as tiring and frustrating, so I am trying to keep demands low when he comes home. This is historically a difficult week as he is forced to attend endless meetings while the administration constantly changes and tweaks his class schedule. I know that the stress will eventually normalize, but I have learned to lay low and tiptoe during the prep week before school opens for students.

Today is supposed to rain so Timmy and I will inevitably end up at an indoor playground. I have some work I need to do in preparation for a meeting tomorrow and I really need the time to focus and work.  I know it is only Tuesday, but I will be very glad when this week is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment