About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 12, 2019

Home for a Surprise

After another fantastic week at my mom's, the boys and I returned home on Saturday. I am happy to be home, but I am always a tinge sad to drive away from my mom's house. No matter my age, it is always comforting to be around my mom.

The boys, especially Robby, always have so much fun visiting with the Cousin Crew. I know that he is going to miss the laughter, the inside jokes and the companionship in the weeks to come.  Thankfully school will be starting next week, so hopefully the return of his schedule and classmates will take the sting out of his loneliness.

Saturday was spent unpacking and getting settled back at home. Yesterday we headed out on a mini family adventure to the Animal Park. Jethro, the giant tortoise, was celebrating his birthday. Robby was looking forward to seeing all of the tortoises in party hats for the celebration.  Needless to say, he was not disappointed!

After we came home, Timmy and I were playing in the yard when a familiar silver truck turned into our driveway. I immediately recognized the truck and began to sprint towards the driveway. I was over-the-moon to be able to hug Mr. Bill again!

In town for a family wedding, he decided stopped by to surprise us.  I don't think I realized how much I missed him until he was sitting next to me, chatting by our fire pit. Timmy immediately began to showcase his new tree climbing and bike riding skills while Robby was just beaming chatting with his longtime friend. My goodness it was nice to see him again.  The neighborhood just hasn't been the same since he moved away.

Mr. Bill is in town all week so hopefully we will be able to connect again before he returns to Florida. I was sad leaving my mom's house, but I'm so glad that we were home for our surprise visitor.  








No comments:

Post a Comment