About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Ready for Fall

We were granted a reprieve from the unseasonably hot temperatures, allowing my little Ghostbuster to work tirelessly outside clearing poltergeists from our yard. He spent the entire afternoon running around the yard and riding his little bike up and down our street, blasting ghosts that were hiding in his path. My goodness I never realized so many spooky ghosts were living with us! 

While Timmy was busy blasting ghosts, I spent the afternoon picking up sticks for our firepit and readying the yard for winter. I stowed his summer toys and cleaned off the sleds. (I realize we have several months before we will need the sleds, but I would rather get them out and ready instead of wading through the heavy snow to pull them out of our nook.) 

I ended up logging 20,000 steps working outside, which has caused my leg to feel sore this morning. I know that I didn't cause an injury, but I am reminded of my activity with each step. The end of my limb is red and angry, which I find incredibly frustrating. I hate sore leg mornings!

It was nice being able to spend the day outside, completely away from technology and the news. We are supposed to have one more nice day before the heat returns, and I plan to enjoy the autumnal temperatures while we have the chance. After the sweltering summer, the cooler fall weather is a welcome change.  


No comments:

Post a Comment