About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 04, 2019

Trick-or-Treating

My weekend was filled with giggles, marathon trick-or-treating and a generous helping of chaos.  Friday night the entire Cousin Crew, including an ecstatic Timmy, set out on the annual quest for candy. After they went up and down my Mom's street, I put the bowl of candy outside the door and we hopped into the car to visit other neighborhoods.  

The kids took full advantage of the short 120 minutes allotted for trick-or-treating. With careful planning and well-honed precision, the Crew managed to visit four neighborhoods and a Trunk-or-Treat event hosted by the local fire department. By the end of the night, each kiddo amassed a whopping five pounds of candy each!

The Cousin Crew was halved when my nephews went to their Dad's house for the weekend. Although the house was quieter, Robby and Tiffany had a great evening. I loved hearing the squeals of laughter roaring from the basement. (Timmy, exhausted by the trick-or-treating, fell asleep in record time.)

Saturday evening the kids donned their costumes one more time and we headed to a neighboring town for their Trick-or-Treating. Again, they stayed out for the full two hours. By the end of the night, they had accumulated another 6-7 pounds of candy (each). 

The kids had a fabulous time, and we now have over twenty pounds of miniature candy bars. If you ask me, it was a win-win for everybody!  Today we are back in Virginia and returning to reality. I know that it will take a few days to get back on track, and even longer to get rid of the obscene amount of candy on my counter, but it was worth it. 

(I have been trying to upload photos but the platform is wonky and I can't get it to work.  I'll keep trying!)



No comments:

Post a Comment