About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Feeling Icky

Timmy's treatment on Friday has left him both depleted and grumpy. He is running a low grade fever which is to be expected. He is also irritable and uncomfortable, which is harder to treat. 

I know why he is irritable, but I'm not able to provide relief for him. I feel horrible that I can't take away his discomfort. Right now we are in "rest and relax through any means possible" mode. For Timmy, that means watching Polar Express while playing on my cell phone. I normally shun electronics for him, but right now I gladly hand them over because it keeps him both entertained and quiet.

My hope is that he will begin to feel better as the week progresses. Between time and rest, he should start to recover by the end of the week. It stinks to feel sick, especially when you are little and you don't fully understand the reasons. I think it is even more frustrating when you are sick at Christmastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment